17 Feb Local council Covid-19 Discretionary Business Fund
This fund is designed to help mitigate the short-term financial effects on small businesses of the restrictions and regulations implemented in October 2020 to help stop the spread of Covid-19.
This fund allows local government to provide aid to groups, sectors or businesses within their local community who are feeling immediate financial strain from the current restrictions and have received inadequate direct financial support from the Scottish Government.
Priority for these grants is given to local smaller and micro businesses (Those with fewer than 50 employees). SCIOs, social enterprises and charitable organisations are eligible if they have a trading aspect to their organisation that has been directly affected by Covid-19 restrictions.
- Sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies with no employees (excluding directors or partners) are entitled to a one-off grant of £3,000.
- Business registered as employers with employees at the time of application are entitled to a one-off grant of £5,000.
- These grants are single payment per business. Therefore, a business with multiple premises will only receive one grant. The grants come on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Since March 2020 profits have decreased at least 30% from the previous year due to the impacts of covid-19.
- Must be based or have headquarters within Aberdeen city boundaries.
- Must be able to show active trading up to March 2020.
- Must be registered as a business before March 23, 2020.
- Must have a business bank account. Sole traders and partnerships will be accepted with personal bank accounts if statements can be provided showing business transactions.
Before applying businesses should check their eligibility for Scottish Government sector funding before considering applying for a discretionary business grant.
Details of this funding can be found at the following link:
How to apply:
The first round of the fund will be open to application from Monday, January 25, 2021.
The deadline for submission for the first round will be Monday, February 22, 2021 at noon.
An account must be set up to apply for the grant and will also apply to future grants.
Apply at the following link:
Infinity Partnership is here to help during these challenging times.
Please contact a member of our team:
Greg Houston – email@example.com – 01224 618467
Bruce Giles – firstname.lastname@example.org – 01224 618473
Alex Graham – email@example.com – 01224 618478